We hope to see you at the Cardinal Family Movie Night Fundraiser this Friday, October 7! With all of this rain, we are excited for the gorgeous weather forecast for Friday evening. We’ll have a big screen on the Cardinal playground basketball courts and will be showing The Bad Guys! “Doors” open at 6:30pm and the movie will start at 7pm. $25 per family, includes the movie and 1 popcorn. Additional popcorn and candy will be for sale along with Cardinal spirit wear. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and dress for the weather. Advance tickets can be purchased here https://cardinalpta.membershiptoolkit.com/store/8147 and at the event as well. Proceeds benefit the Cardinal PTA. We also want this event to be a fun community event, so if a ticket would be a hardship, please let us know, and we’ll add you to the list. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers Needed for Movie Night: We are also looking for some amazing parent volunteers to help with movie night. Please consider signing up for a shift so that we can hold this fun event. You can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0B4AADAB2CA0FC1-cardinal
The Cardinal Art Team is excited to invite all Cardinal students and families to the Cardinal Art Show on Wednesday, May 18th from 4:30 pm-7:00 pm. Come check out the 2D artwork showcased on the first floor. Parents will have the opportunity to purchase their child’s framed artwork as part of our partnership with Artome’, an art fundraising company that helps us curate the show and raise funds for the Cardinal Art program. All art will be returned to students a few weeks after the show.
If you can’t make it to the in person show, then check out the virtual gallery! Link to our virtual show! CLICK HERE!
Also, if you are able to volunteer your time during the show, it would be greatly appreciated. Just click on the sign-up genius! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A44A9AD22ABFE3-artshow
Games are 1-2 tickets each. Special activities are 3-4 tickets each.
Tickets are $5 for 12 tickets.
Parents can help support the games by volunteering! 🙂
1. The movie will start at 7:15 not 7:30 as was on the flyers. You can come at 6:45 to claim your spot on the basketball courts. Sing 2 is long and we have to be done by 9pm to be in compliance with the Arlington County Noise Ordinance. Apologies for the last min shift.
2. The advance online ticket sale will end tonight at midnight. PTA needs to print off a list of people that bought tickets tomorrow and make sure that list is accurate. So get your tickets today! https://cardinalpta.membershiptoolkit.com/store/8147 You can still buy tickets at the door. Also, remember to bring money if you want as we'll be selling extra popcorn, candy and spirit wear.
3. A few volunteers are needed to help sell candy and tickets. Please sign up if you can. Also, if you want to split a shift with someone, feel free to do that. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea9aa2fa4f49-cardinal
4. Some of the neighbors surrounding the Cardinal playground have expressed concerns about Movie Night. Let's be sure to show them what good neighbors we are. Please be sure to park legally, pick up after your family and try to keep voices down when using the path to 19th at the back of the school.
5. Get excited! It should be a fun night, if cold!!
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1:30 pm
Please spread out along the route to wave and cheer as the kids parade along the Yorktown and Swanson bands.
- Label all parts with your child's name and place in a labeled bag
- No costume masks that cover eyes/face
- No weapons
- Walking shoes for the parade
- Please make sure kids can change into their costumes on their own
Note that all kids will return to the classroom after the parade; no early pick up is planned.
We are very excited to see you tomorrow, Thursday, August 26 from 9:00-10:30 AM for our Open House. Folks who have not had an opportunity to attend any prior information session are invited to attend a brief session starting at 9:00 AM in the cafeteria on the second floor. This session is an opportunity for students and parents to have a chance to bring supplies, briefly meet the staff, and see the new school and classrooms. Others may just attend the Open House. Please help us keep everyone safe by limiting this event to Cardinal students, parents, and guardians only.
I would like to encourage you to walk to school if at all possible as it is a great way to get some fresh air and unwind prior to and after the school. If you do decide to drive your child to school, please use the designated driveway on McKinley Road for drop-off. In particular, please avoid dropping off at the following intersections that are adjacent to the school: 18th Street and Madison Street, Lexington Street and McKinley Road, and 19th near Parkhurst Park at the path.
Relative to mask wearing, masks will be required for students and staff while inside the building and on school buses but will not be required when eating or when outside during recess, PE, athletics, or other activities. Again, please visit the Arlington Public Schools Health and Safety Measures or review this Safety Infographic to learn more about expectations for students, families, and staff. Here are some key highlights for Cardinal. As I shared last week, visitors will have limited access to the building in the days and weeks following the open house to help us maintain a safe and secure environment.
We will have greeters ready to help your child find their way to our classrooms on the first days of school. However, parents will not be able to walk students to classrooms on the first day of school. Free breakfast and lunch are available for all students daily. They will be prepackaged in grab and go style. There will be no ala carte items available for lunch and breakfast. Students should not share their food with others or bring snacks/ treats for other students. We ensure safety measures to protect students with food allergies in the classroom and while at lunch. Answers to your questions may also be found by visiting and FAQ page. The FAQ will be updated daily.
Finally, please use entrance D18 for Extended Day drop-off and pick-up. You may park in the front parking lot and walk to the entrance.
Login to search for and contact Cardinal families and staff.
Submit your Box Tops to support the Cardinal PTA!
Get those Box Tops in by March 1st! For those of you keepin’ it old school and collecting the physical box tops for this important fundraiser, be sure to drop them off in the big red box (see what we did there?) at the Cardinal front office.
Donated to AFAC through the Food Bus
Gifted to school staff for training, supplies, field trips and more
Gifted to McKinley staff for training, supplies, field trips and more
Purchased at the Book Fair, including 60 for the school library
Offered to students, from robotics and coding to yoga, cooking, and more
Traded in for carnival games, activities, and food at the Fun Fair
Participated in the arts thru Reflections and the Educational Theater Co.