The Cardinal Art Team is excited to invite all Cardinal students and families to the Cardinal Art Show on Wednesday, May 18th from 4:30 pm-7:00 pm. Come check out the 2D artwork showcased on the first floor. Parents will have the opportunity to purchase their child’s framed artwork as part of our partnership with Artome’, an art fundraising company that helps us curate the show and raise funds for the Cardinal Art program. All art will be returned to students a few weeks after the show.
If you can’t make it to the in person show, then check out the virtual gallery! Link to our virtual show! CLICK HERE!
Also, if you are able to volunteer your time during the show, it would be greatly appreciated. Just click on the sign-up genius! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A44A9AD22ABFE3-artshow
1. The movie will start at 7:15 not 7:30 as was on the flyers. You can come at 6:45 to claim your spot on the basketball courts. Sing 2 is long and we have to be done by 9pm to be in compliance with the Arlington County Noise Ordinance. Apologies for the last min shift.
2. The advance online ticket sale will end tonight at midnight. PTA needs to print off a list of people that bought tickets tomorrow and make sure that list is accurate. So get your tickets today! https://cardinalpta.membershiptoolkit.com/store/8147 You can still buy tickets at the door. Also, remember to bring money if you want as we’ll be selling extra popcorn, candy and spirit wear.
3. A few volunteers are needed to help sell candy and tickets. Please sign up if you can. Also, if you want to split a shift with someone, feel free to do that. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea9aa2fa4f49-cardinal
4. Some of the neighbors surrounding the Cardinal playground have expressed concerns about Movie Night. Let’s be sure to show them what good neighbors we are. Please be sure to park legally, pick up after your family and try to keep voices down when using the path to 19th at the back of the school.
5. Get excited! It should be a fun night, if cold!!
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 29, 1:30 pm
Please spread out along the route to wave and cheer as the kids parade along the Yorktown and Swanson bands.
– Label all parts with your child’s name and place in a labeled bag
– No costume masks that cover eyes/face
– No weapons
– Walking shoes for the parade
– Please make sure kids can change into their costumes on their own
Note that all kids will return to the classroom after the parade; no early pick up is planned.