We hope to see you at the Cardinal Family Movie Night Fundraiser this Friday, October 7! With all of this rain, we are excited for the gorgeous weather forecast for Friday evening. We’ll have a big screen on the Cardinal playground basketball courts and will be showing The Bad Guys! “Doors” open at 6:30pm and the movie will start at 7pm. $25 per family, includes the movie and 1 popcorn. Additional popcorn and candy will be for sale along with Cardinal spirit wear. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and dress for the weather. Advance tickets can be purchased here https://cardinalpta.membershiptoolkit.com/store/8147 and at the event as well. Proceeds benefit the Cardinal PTA. We also want this event to be a fun community event, so if a ticket would be a hardship, please let us know, and we’ll add you to the list. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers Needed for Movie Night: We are also looking for some amazing parent volunteers to help with movie night. Please consider signing up for a shift so that we can hold this fun event. You can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0B4AADAB2CA0FC1-cardinal
We still need some helping hands, sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a084caaa92da0f85-cardinal
The Cardinal Art Team is excited to invite all Cardinal students and families to the Cardinal Art Show on Wednesday, May 18th from 4:30 pm-7:00 pm. Come check out the 2D artwork showcased on the first floor. Parents will have the opportunity to purchase their child’s framed artwork as part of our partnership with Artome’, an art fundraising company that helps us curate the show and raise funds for the Cardinal Art program. All art will be returned to students a few weeks after the show.
If you can’t make it to the in person show, then check out the virtual gallery! Link to our virtual show! CLICK HERE!
Also, if you are able to volunteer your time during the show, it would be greatly appreciated. Just click on the sign-up genius! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040A44A9AD22ABFE3-artshow
1. The movie will start at 7:15 not 7:30 as was on the flyers. You can come at 6:45 to claim your spot on the basketball courts. Sing 2 is long and we have to be done by 9pm to be in compliance with the Arlington County Noise Ordinance. Apologies for the last min shift.
2. The advance online ticket sale will end tonight at midnight. PTA needs to print off a list of people that bought tickets tomorrow and make sure that list is accurate. So get your tickets today! https://cardinalpta.membershiptoolkit.com/store/8147 You can still buy tickets at the door. Also, remember to bring money if you want as we’ll be selling extra popcorn, candy and spirit wear.
3. A few volunteers are needed to help sell candy and tickets. Please sign up if you can. Also, if you want to split a shift with someone, feel free to do that. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e084ea9aa2fa4f49-cardinal
4. Some of the neighbors surrounding the Cardinal playground have expressed concerns about Movie Night. Let’s be sure to show them what good neighbors we are. Please be sure to park legally, pick up after your family and try to keep voices down when using the path to 19th at the back of the school.
5. Get excited! It should be a fun night, if cold!!